Your Customized Homebuying Timeline For Fort Collins, Colorado Real Estate
When purchasing property in Northern Colorado towns like Loveland, Windsor, Timnath, or even throughout the state of Colorado, doing things in a certain order can be helpful in accomplishing that goal in as smooth a process as possible. You know, put the cart behind the horse, as the saying might recommend.
This post will tell you a little bit about what to do, when, and why.
Number 1 – THINK
You don’t even have to put pen to paper in this phase. Just think it over.
- How much money do you earn per month?
- How much rent do you pay per month?
- How much do your other bills cost you?
- Do you have the minimal amounts of money needed to accomplish the goal?
- Would you enjoy the lifestyle, which includes the benefits and challenges of owning a home.
What are the challenges and benefits of owning a home? Check out this post.
Number 2 – Talk to a Realtor® and a Lender
These are two key people on your team, and I suggest you start with the one you feel most comfortable with. If you don’t have either, but feel more comfortable nailing down how much money you’d have to use, start with a lender. If you want to see what your dream property costs so you can figure out how you can afford it, start with your Realtor®.
If you know or have a lender or a Realtor® already, they might provide good referrals.
Ask me anything about it. I love to talk about real estate!
We love to find new clients. It’s my role and privilege to help you understand the real estate process from the beginning. Here is what I will do.
- Learn what you are looking for in a Fort Collins (or Northern Colorado) home. I’ll be curious about you and exactly what you are looking for.
- Educate you on process, procedures and what to expect when purchasing property in Colorado.
- Ask about how you are going to provide funds to pay for the home. If you are taking a loan, this is when you will need to find a lender. Realtors® who value their time will often not go very far into the process until they are sure that their clients have a “Lender Letter”.
- Scroll online, together, through homes in Fort Collins, Loveland, Windsor, Timnath, or elsewhere in Northern Colorado that fit your criteria that are currently for sale, from our home viewing centers at one of our real estate offices. This will bring up a lot of questions and can even eliminate certain home styles that you know you have no interest in seeing. This is a fun and exciting time!
- Schedule showings of homes that we find that you’d like to go see.
Those are just a few things, and that’s just in the very beginning. This is where I hand it off to Jamie, of ApprovedbyJamie.com fame. She’ll take you through her first steps, and we explain the rest in the video.
YES! Have Paul send me a FREE CUSTOM REPORT on my Real Estate Situation!